SPX Hankison Flex 1.2 - 100 CFM Cycling Refrigerated Air Dryer, 115V/1Ph
Lead Time: Generally Ships in 1-3 Days
Generally Ships in 1-3 Days
On All Orders Over $149.00
Easy Exchanges & Returns
Protected By SSL
As low as /month for 36 months or /month for 48 months
Energy Saving Refrigerated Air Dryer (Flex Series)
- Designed for use where the air demand fluctuates, and full capacity is not always needed, thus saving energy. Generally, eligible for utility rebates.
Sustainable Energy Saving Solutions
SPX FLOW is a place where innovation is constant, and the real world needs of our customers are understood. SPX Hankison transform market inspired ideas into actioned solutions enabling our global customers to meet their sustainability goals, and thrive in a complex, ever-changing marketplace.
Utilizing the latest advancements in heat transfer technology, FLEX Series refrigerated dryers offer an innovative approach to efficiently remove liquid contamination from compressed air.
The FLEX Advantage
FLEX Series dryers are designed with 3-in-1 heat exchangers (patent pending) and a phase change material (PCM) encapsulated between the refrigeration and compressed air circuits, serving as a highly effective reservoir for thermal storage.
The PCM possesses high latent heat properties which enables it to melt or freeze at a constant temperature. The phase change material will absorb heat from warm, moisture laden compressed air without a significant rise in temperature.
The phase change material stays colder for longer periods of time, cycling the refrigerant compressor less often than conventional energy saving designs.
Energy Saving Sustainability
The FLEX Series lowers air system power costs and improves productivity by matching power consumption to compressed air demand.
In a typical manufacturing facility, up to 30% of electricity consumed is for generating and treating compressed air. To reduce total cost of operation and qualify for utility company incentive programs, proper air treatment equipment selection and application is required.
LOAD MATCHING PERFORMANCE
Compressed air load profiles in most manufacturing facilities fluctuate. The FLEX Series provides cost-effective energy savings by matching electrical power consumed in direct proportion to air demand. Linear load matching is achieved from 0% up to 100% demand.
Non-cycling dryers operate with the refrigeration compressor running continuously, regardless of inlet load conditions. Minimal energy savings are realized from 100% down to 0% inlet air load.
LINEAR ENERGY SAVINGS
FLEX Series dryers automatically cycle (on /off) the refrigeration compressor in response to inlet load conditions. As the inlet air load is reduced, the power requirement to dry the air is matched in proportion to the demand. For example, at 60% inlet air load, a non-cycling dryer consumes 96% of the full load power consumption, a 4% energy savings. By comparison, at 60% inlet air load, the FLEX Series consumes only 60 % of the full load power, a 40% energy savings.
Better by Design
Stainless steel brazed plate 3-in-1 heat exchanger (patent pending), with phase change material reservoir
- The PCM thermal reservoir operates at a precise temperature to deliver a stable pressure dew point.
- Smooth, non-fouling stainless steel surfaces promote low resistance to flow, optimizing air system efficiency
No-air-loss, demand drain efficiently removes condensate without loss of compressed air
- Condensate drain lines terminate at discharge connections conveniently located on the side of the dryer
- Failure to discharge alarm on the operator interface enhances system reliability
High efficiency, up-flow aluminum air-cooled condenser
- Pulls ambient air through the condenser and releases out the top of the dryer condenser
- Provides cooler condensing air and greater efficiency
Reliable, semi-hermetic refrigerant compressors
- Environmentally friendly, globally accepted refrigerants
- Rugged design, for long-term operation
Controllers, with LCD display provide ease of monitoring and operating status
FLX 1.1 – FLX 1.2 – Energy saving (%), dryer operating time, refrigeration compressor operating time, active fault message and dew point status
FLX 2.1– FLX 5.5 – Energy saving (%), dryer operating time, refrigeration compressor operating time, active fault message dew point status, and
- USB connection port to download operating data and upgrade firmware
- Remote monitoring capability- RS485 communications port